....is a yeasty irish cake that we eat
around halloween. I'm a yeasty irish gal
..yeasty meaning: youthful; exuberant; ebullient.

6.16.2008

my 모리 is something special


so i googled searched gray hair (and I may have mentioned before the fact that until about ohhh... a month or two ago I thought the spelling of gray was grey....) and couldn't believe what came up ....

this being one definition of premature gray hair...When more than half the hair is white by age 40, though, this is considered "premature."



Are you kidding me?!?! So then I googled searched images of grey gray hair and couldn't find one picture of anybody with anything close to what my hair looks like.


So now I'm feeling something special, sitting all here in my computer chair with the web cam on eating some kim chi and seaweed. with of course a head full of messy gray hair.



and talking to 홍일 on the phone...


My sister is probably coming to Korea for the fist two weeks of August. This makes me the happiest gal in Bundang! I'm so excited to show off my fantastic Korean skills! hahah.. yeah right... I'm just excited to show someone the amazingness of the all you can eat cham chi and kettles of obeksayju....

good night sweet thangs....

10 comments:

ODB said...

i miss your beautiful face...

Clivendale said...

It's grey if you're British. :3

des said...

I'm 18 and my hair is starting to turn white. I've been Googling pictures of premature grey but all the other pictures are...ridiculous, frankly.

I'm glad you posted these pictures. You made me feel a lot better about turning white :]

Anonymous said...

Premature grey is gorgeous (grey is the UK spelling). Check out www.goinggraylookinggreat.com

Ghostcharmer said...

i saw this guy at church once with this awesome salt & pepper grey hair (it looked blue from a distance!) and it was done up in a faux-hawk and he was Gorgeous @w@

ruzsa said...

I have hair like you! I started to gray when I was 11.5 - 12 years old. I thought that I inherited it from my father, and that my younger half-sister through him would start graying in a matter of time. It was so surprising when my younger half-brothers through my mother started to show grays! Then I realised: my mom's dad didn't go from black hair to white because of the stress of WWII. So I have it on both sides of the family. Weird, hey?

I know lots about premature gray hair by now, because I've been researching it for several years to make sure that I understood what other health things might go hand-in-hand with it. Nobody else on either of my parental sides had ever thought to research this, so there was no one else ask. I just had to find the info myself.

I also work in fashion retail, and tonnes of women come to me to talk about gray hair, and what colours they can wear to best match with their skin tone and tone of gray. I've met more people with premature gray hair in the past year-and-a-half of retail than I ever have in my life, and don't feel alone or freakish anymore.

Here's my blog. I'll stick a photo on there later if ya wanna see. Cool seeing _your_ gray too. :) It should be embraced!

http://filmnoir-sockmonkey.tumblr.com/

P.S. - Americans spell it "gray", and countries in the British Commonwealth spell it as "grey". I'm Canadian, and have Irish heritage too. My surname of birth was Wickham, and I understand it's a popular name around Wexford Co. (where we came from).

Ronald said...

I'm a male/26/ from new jersey. I also have a full head of gray hair at 26(started at 13). My mother's side of the family all have premature gray so it must be dominate on that side.
I'm of Irish decent and i hear it's somewhat common in Irish lineage [doubt it].I've been unable to find any other cause, have you?. Awesome to see someone with the same affliction and a similar severity as mine.

Joycey Joyce said...

you know I've grown my hair a lot since this post and as it grows it looks freaking YELLOW!! everyone thinks that i have blonde hair!!! I'm proud of my grey roots, don't be telling me i'm gone blonde!!!

I'm thinking that the yellow is due to pollution or just the fact that it looks different as it grows longer... ahhh who knows, i gotta go back to a western country and pick up more of that purple shampoo!!!

Anonymous said...

I am working on a news story and would love tyo speak with you about your gray hair ! leave a message on this site if you are interested ! http://www.flickr.com/photos/61335506@N08/?saved=1

sarah saad said...

افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات ومنازل وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
شركة غسيل خزانات بالمدينة المنورة