....is a yeasty irish cake that we eat
around halloween. I'm a yeasty irish gal
..yeasty meaning: youthful; exuberant; ebullient.

3.07.2008

day four


yesterday i picked up my bike and i zoomed (well andrea styles zoomed which means not zoomed at all...) around bundang singing stevie wonder at the top of my lungs. who doesn't love a girl with white hair on a granny bike singing superstition...? I'm so happy to have my bike back and to see that winter didn't destroy it as i was worried it would have. I went to teach a lesson yesterday and the woman has a 27 month old kid, and for the hour i was there the kid was breastfeeding. is this normal? do kids older than 2 breast feed? and the kid was GIANT like a 3 year old, so maybe that's why she needed an hour of milk... strange...


i'm staying at my friend's house for this week and it's interesting living with a korean family. her parents can't speak much english so poor Hwa sun has to sit and listen to her mother and then translate everything and wait for my response and do the same. and from watching Tarumina and Darmesh do this all the time in india, i know it can be exhausting.

and i get to eat fish and rice for breakfast.


so the past few days have been better and better. the initial shock has worn off and i'm feeling alright. well nearly all right. i'm so happy to have my friends. to get letters from everyone and to know that i have so many close connections with people in so many places. and this makes me wonder why i don't have this in korea. you know, i left india after meeting some amazing people in bhopal that i know i will keep in contact with ...and i have such an easy time making friends all over, but why the hell not in korealand? maybe things will change now that the situation is make friends or be alone.


ciao bellas

No comments: