....is a yeasty irish cake that we eat
around halloween. I'm a yeasty irish gal
..yeasty meaning: youthful; exuberant; ebullient.

8.01.2008

infatuation station

this post could be a million bullet points to sum up the last month of non posting... well not a million because certainly i haven't been doing much... so just a few then.

. on my way to school i see a cat on the sidewalk. cats just don't hang out on the sidewalk in korea. an adjjuma wearing a huge visor comes along and pokes it with one of those picking up garbage thongs. now i'm crying because i've realized that the cat is half moving and this adjjuma is poking it with a picking up garbage thong. i call jenny, she can't understand me because i'm crying. i call korean jenny begging her to call the animal rescue service. ha... animal rescue service... in korea... for cats.. you got to be kidding. long story short korean jenny and i take street cat to the vet and it dies. oh poor little street cat. and the vet shows me two little baby kittens hit by cars at the age of zero and well... i become selfish and realize that i CAN have a baby kitten if i want and take one of them home (the brain damaged one with only 3 working legs). Jenny takes the other (the non brain damaged one with 4 working legs).

.dating a Korean boy who couldn't speak much English sure was hard. and not possible for me. frustration station - which made me feel like a bag of shit... who am i to become frustrated at someone because they can't speak English (especially when we are not in an English speaking country!!!) but frustration is how i felt. no babbling and I'm a babbler. maybe.

.my sister is here! she has now been asleep for 13 hours. we will travel to the south on Sunday and go camping and beaching and relaxing. please no more typhoons and monsoons. I'm so done with the rain.


.i've found me another job. with housing. whew. it's been a poor 5 months for me, so now I'm excited to be making money and to start actually saving (well paying back student loans). it's also time that i work more than 3 hours a day and stop getting pedicures at noon. i hope my new apartment is as nice as this one.

.i've stated actually enjoying my gym, which is great news because now i love going there. before i forced myself to get up at 7 in the morning and go run before making a mad dash for school. now it's all morning for me, (well, me and 3 working legged cat who makes so much shit in that litter box) and i go to the gym at night to join in spinning classes and box fit and some other fit classes that make me pant and sweat like i love.

.my sister and i will go on a picnic and play badminton. i've become obsessed with playing badminton, even though i am not a force to be reckoned with....

. i will drink a bottle of gin today because i love my liver.

. it's my b-day on the 11th so make sure you send me all packages via yesterday...

.폭력배

3 comments:

Nicole Robicheau said...

Have I told you how obsessed I am with badminton these days? I spent the few months before leaving Toronto in Bellwoods everyday shuttlecocking (that's what I call badminton). And this weekend I found some cheap rackets here! I can't find the shuttlecocks though. And it's really windy here right now. Maybe you can send me some shuttlecocks? I'm going to email you my address right now.

I love you.

Joycey Joyce said...

oh my little shuttlecock i love you! a package will be coming your way my dear!

sarah saad said...


افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات ومنازل وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
شركة غسيل خزانات بالمدينة المنورة