....is a yeasty irish cake that we eat
around halloween. I'm a yeasty irish gal
..yeasty meaning: youthful; exuberant; ebullient.

6.13.2008

He shows up at my door....


bearing gifts of morning time coffee, chusock sized boxes of melons, kim chi (that his mum made) and once at 6:30 in the morning with an umbrella. I'm trying to figure out if it's him being uber Korean and having to bring me something each time he comes to my house or if he is just the most amazing person ever.

But the language barrier is strong, and I'm feeling it a lot, mostly because I just can't ramble on and on at a high speed about anything and everything. it's just not possible. If we are together and someone calls me, i switch from slow English for beginners to BFF on the phone with swearing and slang in .1 seconds and his face contorts and he has a different English to study.

But it's really nice having a Korean boyfriend (well, I'm saying boyfriend here but really i have no idea!) because I get a TOTALLY new view of Korea. Korean people's houses and Korean friends who don't speak English or are not English teachers. Trips to the countryside and places that only Koreans seem to know.

my Korean is somehow not improving though. ha...

Last weekend was a long one, with no work on Friday. Jenny and I decided to have a little shit show and started our day with a drunken picnic and continued it all day through bars and nori bang.

being drunk all day in the park is a great way to meet new friends...

2 comments:

Jude's travel blog said...

So long as it tastes good, I wouldn't worry about what it is! Drunken picnic sounds good - I can't tell you how nice it is to be back in the land of drinkable, affordable wine!

sarah saad said...


افضل شركة تنظيف خزانات ومنازل وشقق بالمدينة المنورة شركة غسيل خزانات ومكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة ونقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة مؤسسة صفوة المدينة
شركة غسيل خزانات بالمدينة المنورة