....is a yeasty irish cake that we eat
around halloween. I'm a yeasty irish gal
..yeasty meaning: youthful; exuberant; ebullient.

1.16.2008

days 5 and i'm alive



I have the shits. oh the india shits. but it ain't so bad and hopefully I won't get the full blown delhi belly that so many folks get here, but i'm sure it's going to come sometime... The past few days have definitely made me calm down a bit from the shock of first arrival. It's shocking and poor and dirty and all but hey...it's home for the next bit so get used to it...

The clinic really is the savour of it all. It's really really amazing to start my trip off here and get used to the land of loud before i really have to plunge right into it. I've started working on my project which is researching on the medicinal garden they have here. Today I spent time with Ratna the woman who runs the garden and made her explain all the ins and outs of it to me. now i'm in love with her. This woman is amazing. She came to the clinic to work in the garden and didn't know much about it, now she is the authority on medicinal herbs. She knows everything about that herbs and what they are used for and what they can do etc etc.

So many people here are like that, insanely inspiring in awesome ways.

i have to go poop again now so i'll cut this short.

No comments: