....is a yeasty irish cake that we eat
around halloween. I'm a yeasty irish gal
..yeasty meaning: youthful; exuberant; ebullient.

4.06.2008

eating sweet potatoes, cuz i aint sweet enough.

spring comes in and we take those cutie-pie kids to the park to learn how to plant flowers. not that we actually got to plant the flowers, no no, we just put them in pots and brought them back to the school. kind of funny, kind of korean.. but hey a day out in the sun, well actually an hour, because that's all i have to work on Fridays.

This weekend was sun shine and sun smiles, and sometimes i grin so wide ...and of course because I'm the big white headed rainbow i am, people are always ALWAYS staring at me, but then the grin catches and they're grinning and I'm grinning even wider and laughing to myself.. ok maybe i am going crazy. I feel different though, I don't know if India changed me or if i had to change once I came back and really really had to change.. but I feel different, calmer, oh so much calmer. i can't even remember the last time i threw a pot at somebody's head (ok so that never happened, but boy could it have). India was all about learning how to relax because let's face it I'm pretty much a freak that can't sit still for any amount of time because there is too much to do and i don't have enough time to do it. why am I (or maybe wassssss...) like that. terrified that if i don't do this or that or go here or there or stand on my head while reading a book and eating soup I'm going to collapse? I'm glad I'm getting over it, and hey it only took 28 or India or a heart break. chose your own adventure.
and i don't ever feel like I've eaten a bowl of glass for lunch or brunch or brinner. which unfortunately used to happen all the time. ohh life learning lessons my friends.

ok enough banter.

It was Cindy's wedding today. And here we are... so cute and whoah.. all wearing white like little angels, except for the woman of the day wearing her traditional hanbok (she did get married in a huge white wedding dress though, and there was this woman, and her job was to fluff... fluff dresses, and wipe away tears with a q-tip. "what do you do?" "ohh i wipe away tears with a q-tip"). I miss working with these people SO much, that is the shitty thing about working at my new job, 6 pregnant women who can't speak any English and one western dude that doesn't really work at the same time as me. Korea weddings are pretty much like their western friends.. people, dresses, pictures, posing and food. but the concept here is get in and get out. and then the loudspeaker came on 10 min till you have to leave. hahah.. no wedding nori bangs here.



have i told you that I'm also totally obsessed with my new web cam. well now you know, or can see.

things to know.

1. dating Korean boys who can't speak a word of English doesn't work. no matter how cute he is.
2. mascara stained pillows no longer exist in my world - I've decided.
3. I'm sorry i led everyone to believe i was coming home and ready to borrow couches and beds and hearts when I'm not. but you still love me!

4. Teri mcneil should come back to Korea, because i say so.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi my name is Ryan. I am from Tallahassee, Florida USA. I ma moving to Bundang in less than 2 weeks to study and teach at Korea Poly School.

What do you think of bundang? Also, besides your white hair, you seem kinda tall? Is that why you think the locals stare at you? I hope not because I am tall too!

Anyway, maybe we can hang out if you get totally bored or desperate for friends...just kidding about the "desperate" part...I am kinda cool and funny......

bye, Ryan ryleebo@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

I'm cool and funny too... but more importantly... I love you... hee hee!

b.

Teri said...

oooooooooooooooooh i LOVE that webcam pic of you!!!! (is that what that is...? the b&w one..?!) LOVE IT! good god, i miss you, i miss running around like a retard with you, and i miss korea more than i know how to deal with. i miss the korea with you. i miss the one that existed before, before everything... how did we get here, anyway..?! i miss you.