....is a yeasty irish cake that we eat
around halloween. I'm a yeasty irish gal
..yeasty meaning: youthful; exuberant; ebullient.

11.02.2009

spin your brains out

It's Monday! I'm feeling better (pleaseeeeeee no swiney relapse this week for the love of g-d) and I went back to the gym this morning. The gym has become a more serious obsession as of late . A few reasons for this but the main reason being that I'm single and I have all this time on my hands that I choose to spend sweating my little butt off - and yes, i do have a little butt, (stacey stands behind me in boxing class and that other class were we have to do a million jumping jack thingies off of the step box, and she always tells me what a small butt i have.... but really now, compared to the pocket-sized butts of the korean ladies I don't feel like I have a small butt at all).... urm.. where was I.. oh little butt, gym... YES ok.. Anyway, so I spend a lot of time at the gym, which suits me just fine since I actually love going there and it makes me feel great.

So this morning after waking up (before my alarm as usual... why do i even turn that thing on?) I went to my favouritest spinning class and felt a million times better, goodbye feelings of crappyness from lying in bed for an entire week - they should have gym therapy or something... a shrink/trainer combo or something. amazing. my new future job. i will train you and listen to all your crappy life stories and fix your life.

Because of swine flu mania I don't have any classes this week. I'm pretty sure most public schools are closing down for 2 weeks or something like that, but our school has decided to stay open and just have shortened days. Yes, sending the children to school for a shorter period of time means that they won't get / give the flu because they aren't there as long. hrm... let's see if this works as well as the last plan they had, don't close down at all when 12 kids are infected. But I teach the after school program, the program that has some logic and decides that when the teacher is infected not to have any classes. Except i don't get paid for the week... Ohhhhhhhhhh there is always a catch isn't there. I've decided to bite the bullet and not fight this because 1. i love my job and 2. i love the company i work for (which actually owns wonderland THE worst hogwan franchise in korea) and 3. I want to resign with them and I plan on asking for a lot when I do so.

This blog is amazing http://missedconnectionsny.blogspot.com/ . This blogger extraordinaire has created these wonderful pictures representing someones missed connection message. And I'm not going to write about my longing for a missed connection about me (cuz we totally know there have already been DOZENS!) I want to make up a milliondy missed connections of amazingness and hopefully one gets turned into a beautiful pastel pictorial of sensational-ness.

i was sleeping on the train and you waved at me when i woke up - m4w - 22 (suwon/osan)


Date: 2009-10-25, 9:46PM KT


i was sleeping on the 1 train back from seoul, and as the train pulled into suwon station sometime after 8:00PM i woke up, and you waved at me, and smiled. i waved back, and then you got off the train, and as you were walking away you waved at me through the window. I've never seen anyone do that before today (wave at me, a stranger, in a black tshirt, jeans, and I had a bunch of stuff with me. ).

you were so pretty.

i wish i hadn't slept all that way, and had been able to talk to you or meet you somehow.

please, get in touch with me?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

fin.

1 comment:

sarah saad said...


اهم شركات نقل العفش والاثاث بالدمام والخبر والجبيل اولقطيف والاحساء والرياض وجدة ومكة المدينة المنورة والخرج والطائف وخميس مشيط وبجدة افضل شركة نقل عفش بجدة نعرضها مجموعة الفا لنقل العفش بمكة والخرج والقصيم والطائف وتبوك وخميس مشيط ونجران وجيزان وبريدة والمدينة المنورة وينبع افضل شركات نقل الاثاث بالجبيل والطائف وخميس مشيط وبريدة وعنيزو وابها ونجران المدينة وينبع تبوك والقصيم الخرج حفر الباطن والظهران
شركة نقل عفش بجدة
شركة نقل عفش بالمدينة المنورة
شركة نقل عفش بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركة نقل عفش بالطائف
شركة نقل عفش بمكة